Call Scott at: 843 - 300 - 0347
2018 Annual Chili Cook-off will be announced soon so please check back soon.
Schedule of Events
11:00am: Event starts
10:30am – 11:30 am: Chili & Dessert registration, Decorated Pumpkin registration and Car show registration
11:00am: Friends of Colleton County Animal Shelter (FoCCAS) presentation
11:15am: Best Dog Costume Contest
11:30am: Best Dog / Owner Look-alike Contest
11:45pm: Best Car and Owners’ Period Costume Contest
11:45am– 1:45pm Chili and Dessert Tasting
Noon: Going to the Dogs Band Concert
2:00pm: Awards as follows:
Best costume in all 4 divisions
Decorated pumpkin bringing in the most money
Vehicle bringing in the most money
Followed by Live Auction
At the conclusion of the auction, there will be the big screen tv raffle. $20 per ticket sold separately, only 52 will be sold. You do not need to be present to win.
Rules for the Chili and Dessert Cook-offs
- Chili must be brought in a minimum of 3-quart crock pot; however, the more you bring the better chance at having more people taste your chili and vote on it.
- You must provide your own serving ladle and someone must be at your area to serve.
- You must bring your own extension cord, suitable for your crock pot.
- Your chili must be named and have a list of ingredients. Also, please identify whether your chili mild, medium, or hot. You may make your own sign of this information or we will provide paper for you to write it on.
- You may bring any added ingredients, such as cheese, sour cream, peppers, onions, etc., if you would like to offer these to the voters.
- Spoon, bowls, and napkins will be provided.
- We expect about 100 people; we are not saying you need to have enough to feed all of them but enough to offer a tasting to give you a fair voting.
- We highly recommend that you bring enough dessert to have lots of people try it, enabling more voting. You may want to consider 2 pies, cakes, etc. of the same item.
- You can make your own sign identifying the name of your dessert and a list of ingredients or we will have paper available.
- Your dessert must be in a pan or tray to be served from and any utensils you will need to serve with.
- Plates, forks, and napkins will be provided.
- There will be a refrigerator available for items that need to be kept cool.
Rules for the Decorated Pumpkins
- Pumpkins must be carved at home and arrive, ready to show
- Pumpkins can be carved, painted, a combination of both, or any other decoration methods